Though you may resort to iron and chemical straightening on special occasions, they pose some side-effects that can damage your hair. It’s time to think of home remedies that can straighten your hair naturally. Do you know that there are some ingredients in your kitchen that can do double duty for your hair? Think of eggs, milk, coconut, vinegar, honey, lemon juice, aloe-vera and bananas that will nourish your hair, making them look healthy and voluminous. So, keep on reading for our home tips for straightening your hair.
Coconut Milk and Lemon Juice
Coconut milk is known for its moisturizing ability while lemon for its antibacterial properties that can treat your hair.
1. Start by mixing coconut milk with lemon juice in a glass. This way, you’ll get the straightening properties of lemon with a mix of coconut milk that acts as a conditioner.
2. Place the mixture in the refrigerator for a few hours and let the creamy layer sits on the top.
3. Then, massage your scalp with the cream, and leave it on for 30 minutes to give your hair a beautiful shine and luster. You may even cover your head with a shower cap to seal the moisture on your hair.
4. Finally, wash it out with lukewarm water and comb your hair till it dries. This hair recipe will keep your scalp healthy and infection free.
Vinegar is known for its antibacterial properties that also contribute in straightening your hair. You may even go for Apple cider vinegar that restores your hair’s natural pH levels while promoting healthy hair growth.
1. Simply mix two tablespoons of vinegar in a cup of water.
2. Then wash your hair with the mixture rinse your strands with clean water. Then allow your hair to dry. This way, you’ll keep your hair straight naturally while keeping your scalp fresh.
This natural ingredient contains enzymes that make your hair healthy and smooth. A great thing aloe-vera gel penetrates into the hair strands to keep them moisturized and straight.
1. Mix 1 cup of hot water and 1 cup of aloe-vera in a glass.
2. Apply this mixture to your damp hair that will reduce the chance of frizz or curls.
3. Cover your hair with a shower cap and leave them on for 30 minutes before rinsing it with water.
Fresh Milk and Eggs
Fresh milk and eggs are known for their moisturizing properties that nourish hair shafts, making them soft and frizz-free.
1. Mix two eggs with one cup of milk and put it in the spray bottle for flawless application.
2. Then, spray the mix to your hair, while combing out any tangles in your hair.
3. Wrap your hair in a towel for about an hour so the mixture will be absorbed by your hair.
4. Then wash your hair with shampoo and apply conditioner.
Banana and Honey Pack
Banana and honey might be your favorite combination for dessert, but they’re also good for your hair. Honey smoothes out your hair and fortifies the hair shaft naturally.
1. Simply mash a banana and add a half cup of honey.
2. Apply the mixture on your hair and cover it with a shower cap for 2 hours.
3. Wash your hair with water and let it dry naturally.
With these tricks, you’ll straighten your hair naturally while nourishing them with antioxidant-rich ingredients from your kitchen.